Quit boiling or microwaving green beans. This quick skillet method is my new standard go-to. The beans are perfectly crisp-tender, and retain their vibrant color and taste.
Skillet Green Beans
- 12 oz fresh green beans cleaned and snapped
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-2 tbsp butter or olive oil
- Place 12 oz fresh green beans into a large skillet.
- Add 1/4 cup water.
- Bring to boil.
- Cover & boil for 3 minutes.
- Uncover & add 1-2 Tablespoons butter or olive oil.
- Cook until water boils dry stirring frequently.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Vegetarians: Add additional seasoning by tossing the beans with a drizzle of honey and dashes of low sodium soy sauce before serving, if desired.