This very veggie frittata for two is more vegetables than eggs, and is quick, filling, and nutritious. Vary the ingredients to vegetables that you have on hand.
Very Veggie Frittata for Two
- 5 oz baby spinach, washed
- 8 oz assorted fresh mushrooms, washed and chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 slices Sargento Ultra thin swiss cheese, torn into small pieces
- 4 eggs, beaten
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350. Spray an oven-proof 10” skillet with cooking spray.
- Saute the baby spinach and mushrooms in the olive oil until soft. Arrange them evenly in the skillet.
- Pour beaten eggs over vegetable mixture, top with cheese. Cook on stovetop just until eggs begin to set around the edge of the skillet.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until the eggs are done and cheese is melted.
- Divide into two pieces, serve.
I sometimes sprinkle a bit of sumac and cracked pepper over the eggs and veggies before placing in the oven. This dish makes a quick lunch or light dinner, and would also be a wonderful brunch entree.